In June 2015 in an admin email to all free MYGERMANSHEPHERD PERIODICAL subscribers you were asked: "Would you like that we change the schedule of Periodicals such that you FIRST receive all the Periodicals that match your dog and interest?" - The feedback was inconclusive, there are Pros and Cons for both approaches, after all what you want first may not be what you need first.
If you, like many free Periodical subscribers, answered during your subscription: "What is your KEY interest area regarding GSDs?", then we know what content you would like to receive FIRST. - If you haven't answered that, we can't know.
Now that the work on My New Puppy Diary is complete (yay!), I took time out to analyze what topics most free subscribers are interested in. Here's the result of this analysis:
- The KEY interest of 35.7% of our Periodical subscribers is Dog Training
- Next comes Relationship Building, but that's already "only" 24% of our free Periodical subscribers
- And the only other double-digit percentage got GSD as Family Companion at 12.7%
- Then at 9.3% Dog Health and Care
- Another BIG gap to GSD as Protection Dog at just 3.8%
- Another BIG gap, then we have GSD Psychology at 1.9%
- Dog Nuisance Behaviors 1.8%
- And only 1.7% of our subscribers seek more FUN with the dog
- Dog and children and Dog Food both got 1.3%
- The remaining 14 interest areas together received only 6.4% of the votes from our subscribers
Interesting, huh? And of all subscribers with KEY interest Dog Training, when asked "Have you ever had a PROFESSIONAL dog trainer?", surprisingly 13.4% responded: "Yes, my GSD received PROFESSIONAL dog training". Yet, their KEY interest still is Dog Training.
And chosen #2 is Relationship Building, yet 3 of 4 of these respondents currently lock their dog in a kennel overnight. And of those subscribers who chose #3 GSD as Family Companion as their KEY interest, even 84% lock their dog away overnight.
Please share your comments below. Any important topic missing? What's your key interest, and why? Let us know.
Now, "to change the schedule of Periodicals such that you FIRST receive all the Periodicals that match your dog and interest" is HUGE workload, even if only done for the Top 12 topics - or indeed, only for the Top 3 topics! However, while looking at the above pie chart results I've given this a bit more thought and I realized that certain topics actually have a lot of content in common (they "overlap", they are "interdependent"). In particular:
- Relationship Building with the dog (our mission at MYGERMANSHEPHERD.ORG) includes Dog Training (1), GSD as Family Companion (3), Dog Health and Care (4), GSD as Protection Dog (5), GSD Psychology (6), Dog Nuisance Behaviors (7), FUN with my Dog (8), Dog and Children (9), Dog Food (10), and You Ask - We Answer (12)
- In fact, Relationship Building even includes GSD with other Pets (14), Multiple GSDs in the House (15), Dog Rescue (17), GSD as Guide Dog (19), Traveling with my Dog (20), and GSD as Show Dog (21)
- Indeed, the relationship between Relationship Building and all of these topics is even stronger than say between Dog Training and GSD as Protection Dog, or between Dog Health and Care and Dog Food, or between GSD as Family Companion and Dog and Children!
In short: our mission To help you build the best Relationship with your German Shepherd Dog (see the top of any page) was well chosen. No, what I wanted to say: If we "change the schedule of Periodicals such that you FIRST receive all the Periodicals that" cover the numerous aspects of Relationship Building then actually you FIRST receive all the Periodicals that match your dog and interest!
As before, this may not always be what you communicated that you want it, but it would always be what you need in order to build the best relationship with your dog. Or am I mistaken?
Please share your views below.