As most times, what Google shows at the top is nowhere near good enough to "lead the herd" on search result pages.
At least, for infection definition it isn't the worst of what Google offers.
Below, let's aim to better understand infection.
Easy! Precise, clear, and consistent.
Note that pathogenic occupation of an organism can be either:
- infiltration with new pathogens
- or subjugation by existing pathogens
- or temporary or permanent co-existence in the organism.
This graphical representation of the infection definition also aims to help understand more key insights:
- An infection is not necessarily indicated by symptoms.
- An infection can only lead to disease, and so the term "infectious diseases" is an avoidable misnomer.
- Also disease is not necessarily indicated by symptoms - nor is a disorder or defect, see sickness.
- An infection not necessarily causes inflammation, because inflammation depends on where the infection occurs and on the organism's ability to respond with inflammation.
Be aware that the human organism and the canine organism too is permanently affected by infections: In particular in the gastrointestinal tract permanently coexist pathogens without achieving subjugation.
If ever you appreciate the immense work to maintain this uniquely helpful house, feel free to donate a meal.
As .ORG we depend on your (rare!) donations: however small it helps, THANKS SO MUCH!
PLEASE SHARE with your circle what we share with you:
Any problem with the social share buttons, PLEASE say here to help everyone.