9 Top Tips For The Most Enjoyable Halloween With Your German Shepherd and MYGERMANSHEPHERD.ORG!
Halloween can be the period of the year where you have most FUN with your German Shepherd. Not just 31 October, but the weeks before this date too.
See here our Top Tips how to ENJOY THIS TIME AND BE SAFE:
1) If your GSD has cracker anxiety, make sure you keep your dog away from all bang bang!
2) Particularly on the day of the biggest gaga (31st) and the day before, don't let your GSD roam around freely, because the world has it that some dog-haters (or just drunks) like to scare, pester or injure any unobserved pets with their firecrackers - dogs and cats are in biggest danger!
3) For your German Shepherd, the biggest risks arise from:
- the explosive force of firecrackers
- the excessive noise of firecrackers
- situations of turmoil
- costumes that restrict movement
- costumes that restrict airflow
- costumes that restrict relieving
- costumes that impair sight or hearing
- costume parts that invite to be swallowed
- sparklers, lit candles, and jack-o-lanterns
- glow sticks and glow jewelry
- Halloween candy and alcoholic drinks
So, make sure you consider each point above.
4) Before you take your GSD out, for identification put on a high-visibility collar that can't easily be taken off, attach a stay-put name tag (your dog's name plus your full, international telephone number, NOT address), and bring a strong leash (leather is ideal)
5) Depending on where you live, consider to get your dog microchipped (a small chip implanted under the skin between the shoulder blades)
6) Don't feed your German Shepherd Halloween candy or ANY form of sweets meant for humans
7) Keep alcohol bottles closed/safeguarded, and ensure no one can contaminate your dog's food or water bowl with unsuitable items or liquids
8) When your GSD is in a cool costume, take a photo and post it to your Dog Photo Album here.
9) And don't forget: DON'T exclude your GSD from the fun! (S)he wants to be with you during this festive time too.
Include your dog, and you will have much more fun yourself. Guaranteed!
HAPPY CELEBRATING! 😛
If ever you appreciate the immense work to maintain this uniquely helpful house, feel free to donate a meal.
As .ORG we depend on your (rare!) donations: however small it helps, THANKS SO MUCH!
PLEASE SHARE with your circle what we share with you:
Any problem with the social share buttons, just say it loud enough that My German Shepherd hears you.