So you got a new puppy and you're looking for solutions to the right puppy care. You may be thinking of puppy care as in ear care, paw care etc, but we see puppy care much wider: Everything of how to take best care of a new puppy to prevent future problems!
Therefore puppy care comprises:
- Ear Care, Eye Care, Mouth Care, Paw Care, Skin Care - all that is important but merely serves to prevent costly health issues going forward
- A German Shepherd puppy needs an increasing amount of varied exercise beyond the plain dog walks to relieve - both physical and mental exercise, and physical exercise more than most other dog breeds because the GSD has been specifically bred to manage herds of cattle 8 to 10 hours a day!
- A GSD puppy requires comprehensive socialization from the day you get the puppy, because the GSD has been specifically bred to react to environmental stimuli, and without adequate socialization this dog will feel alerted and thus stressed 24/7!
- Another hugely important area of the right puppy care is the right puppy food: What to feed, when, how, how much, and why - and that's certainly no commercial "puppy formula" or such bullshit!
- Altering your puppy early is puppy care
- A regular full body check is as much part of puppy care as it is part of puppy health
- Preparing your puppy to be safe in traffic is as much part of puppy care as it is part of puppy training
- Strictly avoiding average allopathic veterinarians that like to destroy the pup's immune system with needless and harmful vaccination "boosters" is puppy care!
- Looking out for and avoiding broken glass, sharp-edged gravel, hot asphalt, road salt, and debris is puppy care
- Preventing that your puppy drinks from puddles is puppy care
- Puppy-proofing your home is puppy care
- Providing a range of suitable toys is puppy care
- Playing games with your new puppy, and the right way, is puppy care
- Even ignoring your puppy the right way in the right circumstances is puppy care!
- And the list would go on and on...
You see here that the right puppy care also prevents puppy behavior problems and puppy health problems. It really is all connected! This is why, if only you want, you can find so much puppy care throughout the Puppy Development Guide - Puppy 101. It is that important, yes! Like when you have a child, only different things at different times in different ways.
If you got a puppy already, before studying all MYGERMANSHEPHERD PERIODICALS for which you may subscribe for free here, you may want to take a shortcut and find all you need, including links to the relevant Periodicals, in the New Puppy Diary which covers puppy care, puppy health, and puppy training.
Note that every key point raised above you can find more comprehensively explained in other places on this website. The menu is your friend. Here, links have been omitted only to keep this decision tree straightforward.
PLEASE NOTE: Posting a fragment of your overall dog problem in the comments below is not going to help. Provide complete details if you really seek the right solution. Of course we have a page for that as well: Dog Problem Consultation.