So you got a new puppy and you're looking for solutions to the right puppy care?
You may be thinking of puppy care as in ear care, paw care etc, but we see puppy care much wider:
Therefore, for your Cynology Hub MyGermanShepherd.Org puppy care comprises:
Note that you don't have to pay for any of this: it's all FREE puppy care, while your vet's care you pay dearly each visit.
- Ear Care, Eye Care, Mouth Care, Paw Care, Skin Care - all that is important but merely serves to prevent costly health issues going forward
- A German Shepherd puppy needs an increasing amount of varied exercise beyond the plain dog walks to relieve: both physical and mental exercise, and physical exercise more than most other dog breeds because the GSD has been specifically bred to manage herds of livestock 8 to 10 hours a day!
- A GSD puppy requires comprehensive socialization from the day you get the puppy, because the GSD has been specifically bred to react to environmental stimuli, and without adequate socialization this dog will feel alerted and thus stressed 24/7!
- Another hugely important area of the right puppy care is the right puppy food: What to feed and why, when, how, and how much. And that's certainly no commercial "puppy formula" or such bullshit!
- Altering your puppy early is puppy care
- A regular full body exam is as much part of puppy care as it is part of puppy health
- Preparing your puppy to be safe in traffic is as much part of puppy care as it is part of puppy training
- Strictly avoiding average allopathic veterinarians that like to destroy the pup's immune system with counterproductive and harmful vaccination "boosters" is puppy care!
- Looking out for and avoiding broken glass, sharp-edged gravel, hot asphalt, road salt, and debris is puppy care
- Preventing that your puppy drinks from puddles is puppy care
- Puppy-proofing your home is puppy care
- Providing a range of puppy suitable toys is puppy care
- Playing games with your new puppy, and playing right is puppy care
- Even ignoring excessive attention-seeking is puppy care!
- And the list would go on and on...
Like when you have a child. Only that with a puppy it's different things at different times in different ways.
If you got a puppy already(?) before you knew all that we have in the menu under "Sources", then you may want to take a shortcut and find all you need, including links to the relevant Periodicals, in the live and multimedia New Puppy Diary which covers puppy care, puppy food, puppy health, puppy training, everything!
Note that every key point raised above you can find more comprehensively explained in other places on this website. The menu is your friend. Here, links have been omitted only to keep this decision tree straightforward.
PLEASE NOTE: Posting a fragment of your overall dog problem in the comments below is not going to help. Provide complete details if you really seek the right solution. Of course we have a page for that as well: Help With Dog.
If ever you appreciate the immense work to maintain this uniquely helpful house, feel free to donate a meal.
As .ORG we depend on your (rare!) donations: however small it helps, THANKS SO MUCH!
PLEASE SHARE with your circle what we share with you:
Any problem with the social share buttons, PLEASE say here to help everyone.